10 Things to Know About Me
1. I have had a camera in my hand much the time since I got my first camera in the eighth grade. I have experienced people (my children) sometimes say “oh no” and run because I had already taken what they thought was way too many photos of them.
2. I believe everyone deserves a beautiful photograph of themselves and your children also deserve to see you in photos. We should all exist in photos! This is probably TMI but sometimes I get goosebumps while taking pictures of my clients. It is because I believe in and am so emotional about what I do. I always hated pictures of myself until I discovered why and was able to correct those things through posing and my bag of tricks. Now I love photos of myself and I can also help you to love your photos as well.
3. I am a wife, mom to three children, and am devoted to my family! My oldest child is handicapped where he receives around the clock care and still lives at home. If I don’t answer the phone right away I am either with a client or taking care of Paul. Over the years it was necessary for me to find a job where I could be flexible enough with my schedule that I could take care of him. Owning a studio has given me the ability to schedule clients by appointment, where I know I can have a nurse come into my home so that I can leave.
4. I was very clumsy growing up, so I spent most of my childhood in the emergency room with broken bones and stiches. I have a high pain tolerance to the point where I fractured my back in a diving accident and didn’t go to the hospital for almost year because we thought I had just bruised it. I know today that if something is bothering me I need to seek treatment haha. You should also know that the comfort I got from the staff at hospitals combined with my love for the smell of alcohol pads led me to my first career in life which was nursing. I see all my clients as patients lol
5. I have a coffee cup in my hand most of the day. When I would get off work at 11pm the only way I could wind down from the day was to put on a pot of coffee. I know its weird! How is it possible to drink coffee and relax but it relaxes me like a warm blanket…lol
6. I love karaoke and sometimes I drink adult beverages while doing it! I will sing almost anything from Metallica to Alanis Morissette. I love getting out of the house and being social! If you ever want to come hang out message me!
7. If you follow me on Facebook you will discover that I am an animal lover and share inspirational memes. Sometimes I share things that get me very emotional so keep scrolling if you need your makeup to stay intact.
8. I am a foodie, so much so, that I did wedding cakes for years and taught cake decorating. I also was even able to get certified as a sous chef through the American Culinary Federation. Yes, I have worn many hats in my life, and am sure you have as well. Most people have a long list of things they have done. I try live every minute of my life boldly, and on purpose! I think it is important to suck the marrow out of life so to speak and because of this I have done many things in my life.
9. I know its weird and yet crazy-cool but I have been going ghost hunting for years with my group Woodlands Paranormal. I have even been featured on several seasons of Animal Planets show The Haunted, My Ghost Story, as well as local television and as a guest on talk radio shows. I even have a featured page on IMDB. I also go around the country speaking at conventions about the paranormal.
10. My favorite saying is Carpe diem which is Latin for seize the day. Years of working as a nurse as well as my handicapped child have shown me how precious life is and I don’t take it for granted. I know any day my life could change drastically or even end so I want to live as fully as I can in the present. I feel that whatever you dream about doing you can do, if you have enough desire, determination and persistence. Be bold! There is a power and magic in being bold.